Your Infusion Work Area
This article has been archived.
Please use for reference only.
Penn Home Infusion Team
University of Pennsylvania Health System
Last Modified: November 1, 2001
It is important to keep your work area neat and clean.
- Find an area that can be used all the time. Choose an area that has the following:
- No drafts, visible dirt, dust or clutter
- Good light and space
- A smooth, flat surface that can be easily cleaned
- Storage space for supplies
- Do not use kitchen or bathroom
- Before starting, clean the work area with soap and water or rubbing alcohol. Dry it with a clean towel.
- Wash your hands. (See the Handwashing section in this manual for more information.)
- Put your supplies in the order in which you will use them. Have only the supplies you need for each particular procedure on your work area.
- DO NOT ALLOW CHILDREN OR PETS IN THE WORK AREA.
- KEEP ALL SUPPLIES OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN OR PETS.