- 1 onion, cut into thick crescents
- 2-3 carrots cut into matchsticks
- 2 stalks broccoli, florets plus stem cut into thin diagonals
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick crescents
- 3-4 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- ¾ cup snow peas
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp tamari
- ¼ – ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- Add a small amount of water to a frying pan and water sauté onion and garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add broccoli and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add pepper and snow peas and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine tamari, water, and chicken broth. Pour over stir-fry, cover and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
About the author
Melissa Kavanaugh is a first year graduate student at Drexel University. She is working towards her Masters in Human Nutrition and is completing the requirements to become a Registered Dietitian. Melissa earned her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University in Accounting and Finance and worked in industry for 4 years before deciding to change careers and pursue her true passions: nutrition and fitness. In addition to nutrition, Melissa went back to school for fitness and currently holds Personal Training and Group Fitness certifications from the American Council on Exercise. She teaches weekly ballet bar and strength training classes in addition to working one on one with clients to achieve their fitness goals. Melissa enjoys cooking and creating fun and easy recipes. She is excited and honored to be a contributor to Oncolink.