- 3 ounces organic baby spinach
- ⅔ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup milk or milk substitute (soy, almond, rice)
- ½ medium frozen banana
- 1 medjool date (optional)
- 1 tablespoon natural unsweetened cacao powder
- 1 tablespoons raw almond butter
- Blend all ingredients together in a high-powered blender until smooth and creamy.
About the author
Melissa Kavanaugh is a first year graduate student at Drexel University. She is working towards her Masters in Human Nutrition and is completing the requirements to become a Registered Dietitian. Melissa earned her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University in Accounting and Finance and worked in industry for 4 years before deciding to change careers and pursue her true passions: nutrition and fitness. In addition to nutrition, Melissa went back to school for fitness and currently holds Personal Training and Group Fitness certifications from the American Council on Exercise. She teaches weekly ballet bar and strength training classes in addition to working one on one with clients to achieve their fitness goals. Melissa enjoys cooking and creating fun and easy recipes. She is excited and honored to be a contributor to Oncolink.