Effective: April 17, 2023
OncoLink (www.oncolink.org) is committed to respecting your privacy. We have structured our Web site so that, in general, you can visit OncoLink on the Web without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. There are tools on our web site which require personal information and are used to provide services or documents on OncoLink.
What We Collect
On some OncoLink web pages, you can provide information to receive tailored materials, newsletters or request additional information. The list below outlines the types of information that are collected in different places within OncoLink.
- Google Analytics: We collect your computers Internet Protocol (IP) address and other anonymous information via Google Analytics to evaluate and improve our web site.
- Education Portal (www.oncolinkeducation.org): You are required to have a user account and be registered to use this portal. We collect your name, an email address and a password. Your account on the education portal is deactivated 6 months after your first login. To have your information and access removed from our education portal, please send a request via email to [email protected].
- Survivorship Care Plan: We collect general information and your computer’s IP address to create a customized, survivorship care plan. The use of this tool is voluntary. We only retain anonymous information to improve the usage of this tool and conduct research about cancer survivorship.
- Smart ALACC: We collect general information and your computer’s IP address to create a customized, survivorship care plan. The use of this tool is voluntary. We only retain anonymous information to improve the usage of this tool and conduct research about cancer survivorship.
- PrePARE: We collect general information and your computer’s IP address to create a customized care plan. The use of this tool is voluntary. We only retain anonymous information to improve the usage of this tool and conduct research about cancer predisposition.
- Treatment Binder: We collect general information to create a customized treatment binder. The use of this tool is voluntary. We only retain anonymous information to improve the usage of this tool. The information to create the binder’s cover page is not retained.
- “Reduce My Risk” tool: We collect general information and your computer’s IP address to create a custom risk assessment based on information provided by the user. The use of this tool is voluntary. We only retain anonymous information to improve the usage of this tool.
- Feedback Form: You may voluntarily submit comments to us. We use this information to improve the web site based on your feedback. We request that you do not submit any personal health information when sending feedback or comments. Please do not submit medical information, as we cannot provide medical advice.
- Newsletter Sign Up: You may voluntarily subscribe to receive regular emails with upcoming events and information deemed useful to our visitors. If you would like to be removed from our newsletter list, use the unsubscribe link on the email or send a request to [email protected].
How Long Do We Retain Any Data Collected From You
We may collect your computer’s IP address when you visit our web sites. The IP address is used for statistical research and/or debugging purposes. The IP address is automatically purged in a week. In order to comply with international privacy requirements, if you would like to have this IP information removed from our system, please contact us at [email protected] You will be required to provide the IP address of your computer system to process this request.
We will remove your email address, login information or IP information per your request as indicated in the previous section. Please note that if we remove your login or email information, we will be unable to provide the services or products that require this information.
How We Use It
OncoLink uses your information to better understand your needs and provide you with better service. Specifically, we use your information to help you complete a transaction, to communicate back to you, to update you on service and benefits, and to personalize our web site for you.
Who We Share it With
OncoLink will not sell, rent, or lease your personally identifiable information to others. Unless we have your permission or are required by law, we will only share the personal data you provide online with other OncoLink entities and/or business partners who are acting on our behalf to complete the activities described above. Such OncoLink entities and/or business partners, including those located in other countries, are governed by our privacy policies with respect to the use of this data.
OncoLink will not use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the ones described above without letting you know and offering you a choice.
OncoLink is committed to ensuring the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data.
This website is intended for use by people age 13 or older. If you are younger than 13, you should get permission from your parents or guardians to use this website. And, if you are under 13, you should not submit information to this website. Instead, ask your parent or guardian to submit information on your behalf.
OncoLink provides links to 3rd party websites that have their own privacy statements that may differ from OncoLink. OncoLink is not responsible for the content or privacy statements of those websites. If you are asked to supply personal information to those websites, we suggest you carefully read their privacy statements.
Personal Health Information
OncoLink does not collect personal health information (PHI). When using OncoLink you may have the opportunity to submit feedback or comments. We request that you do not submit any personal health information when sending feedback or comments.
Department of Radiation Oncology
The Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine
3400 Civic Center Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104