Making a Survivorship Care Plan

Content Contributor: OncoLink
Last Reviewed: October 7, 2019

Question:

Now that I completed chemotherapy for my cancer, I am nervous to not have as much contact with my oncology team. What should I know about being a "survivor" and what to look for that would be concerning?

Answer:

Carolyn Vachani, RN, MSN, AOCN OncoLink Nurse Educator responds:

It is not uncommon to have feelings of uncertainty when you transition from getting treatment to the survivor role. Those frequent oncology visits may feel like a safety net and give you extra comfort. Know that your team is always there for you! Then take the next step to survivorship by creating a survivorship care plan that talks more specifically about the psychological concerns, healthy living after cancer and health risks related to cancer treatment. You can create your own care plan at www.oncolink.org/oncolife.

In addition, you may find the webinar "Cancer Survivorship: Navigating Life After Cancer" to be helpful as well. This webinar on cancer survivorship provides information, tips, and resources on transitioning from patient to survivor and making the most of life after cancer.

Keywords

National Physical Therapy Month
by OncoLink Team

5 Ways to Slow Down while Dealing with Cancer
by Marlys Johnson

#