Protein Packed Purees
Sweet Potato Puree
Makes 1 serving
- ½ cup sweet potato,baked and peeled
- 2 fl. oz. warm low-sodium chicken broth
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ scoop chicken soup protein powder
- Season to taste: flavors to try include garlic, cumin, curry powder
- Add chicken soup or unflavored protein powder to warm chicken broth, stir.
- Add broth to food processor with sweet potato, Greek yogurt.
- Puree until smooth. Season to taste with spices, herbs as desired.
- If the puree is too thick, add low-sodium chicken broth as needed.
Nutrition Information (approximate): 160 calories, 2 g total fat, 23 g total carbohydrates, 14 g protein per serving
Peanut Butter Mousse
Makes 1 serving
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup silken tofu, mashed
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- Add silken tofu and vanilla Greek yogurt to food processor, puree.
- Run ¼ cup measure under warm water for a few moments, dry, then measure peanut butter. This should make removing the peanut butter from the measuring cup a little easier.
- Add peanut butter to food processor. Puree until smooth and fully incorporated into mixture.
Nutritional Information (approximate): 460 calories, 34 g total fat, 23 g total carbohydrates, 22 g protein per serving
Lauren Clanet is a Clinical Dietitian Specialist with more than 5 years of experience working exclusively with oncology patients. She is board certified as a specialist in oncology nutrition. She has worked with a variety of oncology patients, providing counseling on symptom management through diet, cancer protective nutrition and alternative nutrition support.