Financial Assistance for Transportation
- Talk with the social worker in your cancer center about local transportation resources for people with cancer.
- Your cancer center may have a local van service available.
- Local cancer service organizations may provide transportation assistance or reimbursements.
American Cancer Society: Road to Recovery*
- Provides rides to and from treatment for people who have cancer and do not have a ride or are unable to drive themselves.
- Individual volunteers donate their time and the use of their cars so that patients can get to their treatments.
- All drivers are background checked and carry their own insurance.
- Patients must be traveling to a cancer-related medical appointment.
- Contact 800-227-2345 for more information on Road to Recovery availability in your area.
*program is currently suspended due to public safety concerns related to COVID-19
Cancer Care: Financial Assistance Program
- The Cancer Care Financial Assistance Program offers limited financial assistance is available for cancer patients who meet specific geographic, diagnostic, and financial criteria.
- Contact 800-813-HOPE (4673) to be screened for eligibility and to receive an application.
Alex's Lemonade Stand: Travel For Care Program
- Applications must be initiated by a certified healthcare professional.
- Travel: Airline tickets, gas cards, rail tickets, cab, or parking vouchers.
- Lodging: Hotels & philanthropic housing.
- Meals: Food vouchers from the hospital's on-site cafeteria and local area restaurants.
- Patients under 21 and in active treatment for cancer are potentially eligible.
- Families must also be receiving cancer treatment at a partner facility.
Lymphoma Research Foundation
- The financial support program is available to those diagnosed with lymphoma who are going through active treatment who meet specific financial criteria.
- To apply call 800-500-9976.
Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Susan Lang Pay-It-Forward Travel Assistance Program
- Provides assistance for ground transportation, tolls, gas, parking, car rental, services/repairs/parts, airfare, baggage fees, lodging, and ambulance services.
- Applicants must have an income at/below 500% of the Federal poverty guidelines and live in the US or US territories.
- Applicants must also have a confirmed blood cancer diagnosis.
- To apply call 877-557-2672.
Angels Wheels to Healing
- Provides gas cards, commercial ground transportation (AMTRAK, Greyhound, Trailways, etc.)
- Scheduled medical appointment
- Clearance by a physician to travel
- Verifiable financial need
- Foundation prefers 7 days notification of transportation needs
- To apply for assistance visit: Angel Wheels or call 1-800-768-0238.