Do you live in the 5 county Philadelphia area?
Are you dual enrolled with Medicare/Medicare Advantage and Medicaid (you have a yellow and blue access card)?
You should have received notice from the state regarding a new program in this area called “Community HealthChoices.” Beginning in 2019, all individuals who are dual enrolled in SEPA will need to choose a managed Medicaid HMO program. This program has already been implemented in the rest of Pennsylvania.
There are four plans currently available in SEPA:
- Amerihealth Caritas
- PA Health & Wellness
- Keystone First Community HealthChoices
- UPMC Community Healthchoice
You must choose one of these plans. If you do not, you will be assigned to one.
The goal of Community Healthchoices is to coordinate medical care and support for dual enrolled Medicare and Medicaid recipients. You must also enroll if you receive community-based (in-home) Medicaid waiver services (nursing, home health, medical equipment) that help you stay in your home rather than go to a nursing home.
It is important to review each of these plans to be sure your healthcare providers are within their provider network. If they are not, you may not be able to continue your care with this provider.
How do I enroll?
- Phone: Call 1-844-824-3655 to enroll over the phone with the assistance of a CHC Customer Service Representative
- Online: Go to enrollchc.com
- Mail: Complete the enrollment form you received and mail it using the provided return envelope.
Where to get help?
- CARIE Community Healthchoices (CHC) Advocates Alliance
- Helpline 800-356-3606
- PA Community Choices Website
It is essential you don’t ignore enrolling in a Community Healthchoices plan! Don’t leave this important decision to a computer that auto enrolls you in a plan that may keep you from seeing your healthcare providers. Ask for help and #getenrolled.